Dogtown Media (http://dogtownmedia.com) is at the forefront of the mobile revolution. We’re not super big and we don’t fly (yet), but we do a lot of super things like turn visionary ideas into impactful digital products.
As a mobile studio focused on the emerging technology space, our team of creative designers and engineers make miracles happen on a regular basis, delivering cutting-edge Apps to an audience of millions. We’re looking for an experienced mobile-focused “UI Designer” to accelerate growth further.
Dogtown is looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team. A successful candidate will be able to conduct user research to uncover user needs, create design solutions for user problems, and work closely with the software engineering team to bring value to our users and business. As the Lead UX Designer, you will be guiding and mentoring other designers in addition to maintaining individual projects.
– Lead and mentor other UX designers by providing guidance and leadership in all aspects of user experience design
– Own projects throughout the entire design cycle
– Gather user needs/feedback through research methods such as observations, interviews, and usability testing, and translate these findings into design solutions and refinements
– Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups for our clients
– Collaborate closely with the UX team to refine and build our design system, share user research, and identify design solutions
– Clearly communicate your design decisions to team members
– Partner with engineers and product owners to provide value through designing the interactions, interface, and functionality of our products
– Educate co-workers and stakeholders about the importance of design thinking and the importance of user research
– Keep up-to-date on design trends and look to make process and UX improvements
– Collect all business requirements from the client during kickoff, collaborating to define an MVP
– Work with Business Development and Product Managers to define the design scope of a project
– Be the main design liaison between the client and the design team
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
– Minimum 3 years doing UX work developing flows and wireframes, solving complex experiences, and making them intuitive to the user
– An impressive mobile portfolio showcasing market-leading user interface and visual design work
– Fluency in best practices for app-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
– Strong understanding of iOS and Android design principles
– Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. You know your tools without even having to think about them
– Strong experience working from flows and wireframes through to a final product
– Ability to lead a team and gain stakeholder confidence
– Solid organizational and time management skills
– Experience mentoring designers and leading the design on projects
– Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus (We’re Kanban, but our Dev teams are Agile)
– Rapid Prototyping experience a plus
– Not afraid to do fast usability testing and can interpret the data intelligently and act rapidly on the information
WHO YOU ARE:
Keen ability to work cross-functionally with teams in different geographies to create a coherent and aligned experience. A passion for clean and elegant solutions an absolute must. Exceptional familiarity with industry design language and standards and design protocols. Able to develop a strong empathy for the end user — You know the pain points before they do. You love nothing more than to create designs and experiences that delight customers.
Located in the heart of Silicon Beach, 1 block from the beach in Venice. Spacious office close to local bars, restaurants, and all the great things Venice has to offer.