Apps are extremely effective marketing tools for businesses of all sizes. Instead of relying solely on SEO and similar practices to boost online visibility, apps facilitate a permanent presence on a user’s mobile device. However, to maximize the benefits of building a business app, it’s vital for companies to offer users inherent value. The app has to do something useful — something that will help it earn its keep and prompt the customer to use it regularly.
With that in mind, here are five useful tips that smartphone and iPhone app developers can use to build better business mobile apps:
- Have a strategy. One mistake many companies make is waiting until the app is finished before hammering out a marketing strategy. It’s much wiser to prepare ahead of time so you can hit the ground running as soon as the software is ready.
- Make sure it does something. The single most debilitating mistake businesses make is building apps that do nothing, other than provide customers with information they can readily get elsewhere. For an app to be truly useful, it has to offer some kind of unique functionality customers can’t get from any other platform. For example, Starbucks offers an app that lets users order and pay for coffee in advance, helping them save time when they arrive at the store. It’s a perfect example of a simple but useful functional feature.
- Invest in a custom build. While there are many DIY resources available to businesses who want to build their own apps, you’re likely to achieve much better results if you invest in a custom-built product created by experienced professionals.
- Test it thoroughly. It may seem like an obvious step, but you’d be surprised how many business apps make it to market with bugs and flaws that limit their functionality. Be sure to eliminate these before offering the app to customers.
- Concentrate on the App Store description. A concise, compelling description that elicits an emotional response while positioning the app as the solution to a user’s problem will help your app get noticed in the App Store.
New York City mobile app developers and software professionals around the country can use mobile platforms to help build brand awareness and achieve marketing objectives. Considering the broad reach of a well-designed app, mobile software offers an excellent value proposition and outstanding potential returns on investment.Tags: app store description, app store marketing, b2b apps, business android app, business app, business ios app, business ipad app, customer engagement, diy, enterprise mobile app, go to market strategy, ux design, value add