Cheap Ways to Spruce Up Your Home with Smart TechnologiesSeptember 7, 2014 - 2 minutes read
The age of the “smart home” has arrived, but if you’re still living in the past, you may be put off by the cost of installing some of the new high-tech gadgets on the market. If you’re in this boat, there’s good news: manufacturers have begun to offer a wide range of smart home products that are very affordable, easy to install, and make a big lifestyle difference.
Here are some of the most interesting inexpensive smart home technologies on the market:
- USB electrical outlets. Replace your standard electrical outlets with outlets that accept both electrical and USB plugs. Any outlet in your home will automatically become a smart outlet.
- Connected light bulbs. New lighting technologies that connect with your smartphone allow wireless, precision control over lighting levels and light activation or deactivation. The cost of the app is a fraction of the money you’ll save on electricity.
- App-controlled television. Don’t want to shell out for a smart TV just yet? Numerous developers are offering apps that deliver near-identical features and performance from your smartphone or tablet.
- Smart appliances. Everything from big-ticket appliances like dishwashers and fridges to everyday coffee makers and kitchen tools are getting smarter, using less energy and reducing labor.
- Pet feeders and litter boxes. If you have pets, you know that cleaning up after your furry friends is the least appealing part of pet ownership. Luckily, companies like ScoopFree are developing self-cleaning litter boxes so you don’t have to do the dirty work!
If you’re a mobile app developer in Seattle, imagine what other untapped opportunities might lay in the world of affordable smart technologies. Creating a simple mobile app to enhance home living could be the ticket to a major success.
A good app development company is always on the lookout for ways to improve its portfolio. The emerging smart home market is an excellent place to focus your attention.Tags: App-controlled television, automated tech, ble apps, connected devices, Connected light bulbs, home automation, household mobile apps, keyless entry, Pet feeders, Smart appliances, smart home, smart home tech, USB electrical outlets, wifi apps