Last summer, IBM announced its new MobileFirst for iOS program, marking the launch of a watershed partnership between IBM and Apple. In early April, eight new MobileFirst apps were released, with the new software products displaying a strong focus on enterprise. Four of the apps were designed for use in the healthcare industry, with the other four offering a range of services for airlines and production-based industrial businesses.
The new MobileFirst for iOS healthcare app development products include:
- Home RN. This app allows healthcare professionals working outside institutional settings to access patient records and create notifications that facilitate better, more attentive care.
- Hospital Tech. The Hospital Tech app supports easier, more effective collaboration and communication between nursing technicians and in-house care providers.
- Hospital Lead. Aimed at nurse managers, the Hospital Lead app allows for comprehensive reporting while helping management teams track nursing assignments.
- Hospital RN. This forward-thinking app uses Apple’s proprietary iBeacon location technology to identify patients while allowing authorized staff members to access a patient’s medical file from any Internet-connected hotspot in the facility.
The other four enterprise apps are comprised of:
- Rapid Handover. Designed for the iPad, Rapid Handover allows production supervisors to collect, document and distribute statistical and safety information for use by incoming shift members.
- Risk Inspect. This app leverages the power of digital imaging and video to improve quality control measures in production facilities.
- Order Commit. The Order Commit app helps retailers keep better track of customer order histories and leverage statistical insights to drive sales.
- Ancillary Sales. Aimed at flight attendants, the Ancillary Sales product offers improved, convenient point-of-sale features that allow airline staff to manage seat upgrades and in-flight product sales more efficiently.
Denver mobile app development professionals and software developers around the country will want to note that these products are much more mobile-friendly than traditional enterprise apps. Simplicity, ease of use and straightforward deployment were prioritized, giving businesses the ability to customize features and functions. Will this mark the beginning of a new trend in the world of mobile enterprise software?Tags: ancillary sales app, apple app, apple enterprise, business ios app, business ipad app, business iphone app, business mobile app, enterprise ios app, healthcare administration apps, home rn, hospital lead app, hospital rn app, hospital tech app, ibm, ipad enterprise apps, order commit app, rapid handover app, risk inspect app